Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Track Banquet

Yesterday I had my very last event at school, our banquet for track and field. It's sad to think about, but with that group of people it's always fun. There's constantly people joking, laughing and having a good time, which is one of the reasons I loved track so much. I've been around some outstanding athletes and it makes me want to get even better at what I do.

There were a lot of food as it always is at events here. Then there was a slide show with all of our accomplishments this year. Our coach reminded us that despite that we didn't have a track to practice on, we set a school record in medals at regions, and many school records, pretty good accomplishments. I was just sad I couldn't contribute with any medals at regions because of an injury. Stupid. Anyway, there were many awards handed out, MVP's, record takers, point scorers and the one I got to put my hands on, Senior Award. Every senior got one, as well as some nice words from coach, or in my case, call-outs. So yes, coach Bradley, when you pick on me, I will pick on you! But in all seriousness, you're the best track coach I've ever had, also the only one, but still. I will miss you a lot, and if you're lucky you might get a nice little post card some day, who knows.


10 highest point scorers

Me & Coach Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment