Monday, May 30, 2011

Camping in America

Got an invitation to go camping with my friend Paige and her family. I ended up going with them over Memorial Day Weekend, which is a long weekend with no school on monday, today that is. We had a great time and they shared their camping traditions, and I shared mine. Food wise they had a lot, and they had it often, as Americans often has when it comes to.. to all kinds of events really. We had the big traditional breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, toasts, gravy and so on. Dinner was made on the grill and various snacks through the day. On the night we had smore's (grilled marshmallow with chocolate in between two graham crackers). I shared our swedish grilled bananas with chocolate, very popular.
Activity wise we were out on the boat all day long. Tanning, swimming, diving, jumping and going down the slide. Yes. Down the slide from the second floor. And when we weren't on the boat we took long walks, played volleyball and at nights some card games did occur. I learned one, Golf, and shared two, translated to Turn-over-10 and one I couldn't remember the name of.. Just remember playing it with Kerstin all the time..

Also note this, when going to store's you probably shouldn't leave in just shorts and a bikini top. Apparently you might not be able to go in if you're that undressed. Learned that leasson when I had to sit in the car in 90 degree wheather as we were hunting for some floats. I really did feel like such a European..








No comments:

Post a Comment