Sunday, December 12, 2010

IKEA

One thing I've kind of missed here from time to time is swedish food. Now, from my IKEA experience back in Sweden I know you can buy food there. So on our way back from Ohio I thought I'd stop in to get some lingonberry jam, because I needed it to go with my blood pudding I've already tracked down.

So my plan is to go to the restaurant and find some simple jar or whatever. It turned out they had a whole little store with swedish food products. I felt like a child in a candy shop. They had all the swedish classics that I had forgot about, and I just had to get more than my jar of jam. So I added some things to my grossery bag, like gingerbreads in a swedish tin (Annas pepparkakor), Daim candy for Connie & Steve to try and some fancy cider for christmas day, both pear and lingonberry. Then the best surprise was probably the glögg, Herrljunga, I had totally forgotten about it but it made my day. Feel some explaining here for you english speaking folks here, glögg is a traditional swedish christmas drink. You heat it up up drink it in small cups, the adults can add wine to it, but otherwhise you only have it with raisins and almonds, or plain, your choice.


       




The only thing I miss now is lussebullar. To be continued! And explained..

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie
    I can really see you running around the swedish food department in IKEA with twinkling eyes!
    I'm going the other way this christmas. Yesterday a baked this delicious cookie. 'An american butterscotch dream' as it was descibed in the recipe.
    http://www.smaskens.nu/2010/12/butterscotch-cookies-ocksa-en-julkaka.html
    Your babybrother was really excited about them.
    Kram från Pappa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stop at IKEA must have been nice! Didn't you get any sill? I've sent the recipe for lussebullar, give it a try. With Connies help you will make it, I'm sure.
    Kramar från kallt&blåsigt Gotland
    /mamma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what, your dad´s cookies was actually delicious!

    ReplyDelete